The Specsavers Look for Longer Competition
The Specsavers Look for Longer Competition (the Competition) is intended for viewing and participation in Ireland only and these terms and conditions shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Ireland.
These terms and conditions apply to the Competition. By entering the Competition, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept them, you are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
1. PROMOTER. The Competition is promoted by Specsavers Optical Group Limited (‘the Promoter’), whose registered office is at La Villiaze, St Andrews, Guernsey, GY6 8YP. The Promoter and Optimum Media Direction Ireland, 1 Richview Office Park, Clonskeagh, Dublin 14, Ireland (‘Promoter’s Agency’) are the data controllers and will collect, hold and processes entrants’ data for the purposes of administering this Competition.
2. COMPETITION PERIOD: The Competition for tickets for the GAA Hurling All-Ireland Championship Finals (‘Hurling Final’) will run from Monday 15 July 2019 until Thursday 8 August 2019 (‘Closing Date 1’) and the Competition for tickets for the GAA Football All-Ireland Championship Finals (‘Football Final’) will run from Monday 15 July 2019 until Thursday 22 August 2019 (‘Closing Date 2’).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is only open to residents of Ireland aged 18 or over, who are resident and present in Ireland at the time of entry and have a valid email address.No purchase is necessary to participate in competition. Individuals who are employed by Specsavers or its subsidiaries and associated companies, marketing and competition agencies, or members of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife) of any of the above persons, are NOT eligible to participate in the Competition.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Competition, you will require a computer or device with internet access, a valid email address and telephone number. To enter the Competition, qualifying entrants must, within the Competition Period, fill in the dedicated webform for the Hurling Final or Football Final on the www.lookforlonger.ie website, answer Tá or Níl to the questions presented and a minimum of one answer qualifies as an entry and all steps in the entry process must be completed.
The draw for the Hurling Final Winner will be made shortly after Thursday 8 August 2019 and the draw for the Football Final Winner will be made shortly after Thursday 22 August 2019. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received by the Closing Date 1 or 2, using a random-number generator. The winners will be contacted by Promotor or Promoter’s Agency as soon as practical after Closing Date 1 or 2 via telephone or e-mail and will be given 3 days to respond. If the response deadline is missed, the prize may be forfeited, and another winner selected. Promotors decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Entries submitted after the Closing Date 1 or 2 will not be included in the draw.
5. PRIZES: There will be one winner selected from the qualifying entrants for the Hurling Final and Football Final (as detailed below) who will each win the following prize consisting of:
2 X Entrance tickets for the GAA Hurling All-Ireland Championship Finals on Sunday 18 August 2019 (Time: TBC / Location: Croke Park Stadium (in Dublin, Ireland) – 2 Tickets are available, and 1 winner will be selected); or
2 X Entrance tickets for the GAA Football All-Ireland Championship Finals on Sunday 1 September 2019 (Time: TBC / Location: Croke Park Stadium (in Dublin, Ireland) – 2 Tickets are available, and 1 winner will be selected).
Promotor cannot can't take into accounts special requests of the winners regarding preferred seats and will select seats in the Croke Park Stadium for the winners and guests. The Prize does not include transport to or from Croke Park Stadium, any food or beverage costs or any other expenses. The winners shall be responsible at all times for any act or omission of their guests. Both the winners and guest agree to comply with all relevant ticket terms and venue terms and conditions of Croke Park Stadium including dress code, alcohol consumptions and all other applicable terms as may be notified to the winner.
The Prize will be delivered to the winner by regular post or courier (and the Promotor or Promoter’s Agency cannot kept liable for loss of the Prize due e.g. delivery errors). In no event will the Promoter be liable for more than the number and value of prizes described above.
6. GENERAL: By entering the Competition, entrants agree, and by voting in the Competition, voters agree to abide and be bound by these terms and conditions.
The Promoter is not responsible for typographical errors or any other errors in the offer or administration of the Competition, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature, including but not limited to errors in advertising materials and the terms and conditions.
In the event of a conflict between details contained in these terms and conditions and details contained in the Competition advertising (including but not limited to online, point of sale, and print advertising, and other media relating to the Competition), the details of the Competition as set forth in these terms and conditions shall prevail.
The prize must be accepted as awarded. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize(s) of equal or higher value at its sole discretion. Any portion of a prize(s) that is unused or which is not used according to these terms and conditions will be forfeited and will have no cash value.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant’s entry in the Competition (and void all associated Entries) or entitlement to a prize, if, in the sole discretion of the Promoter, it determines or suspect that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair practices (including any entries or votes generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means).
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entries will be deemed made by the authorised account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Authorised account holder is defined as the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organisation responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorised account holder for that e-mail address.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
As a condition of entering, each entrant and as a condition of voting each voter agrees: (a) to release the Promoter and The Competition entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participation in the Competition or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, (b) that under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Competition, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs.
The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Competition at any time, for any reason, including fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, that corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Competition.
The Competition is exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland.